July 4th Independence Day celebration is only a couple of weeks away. It’s not just about barbeque, parades, and fireworks, obviously. Each year, Americans celebrate the nation’s freedom from British colonial rules on July 4th.
July 4th is also a perfect time to take a vacation, whether it’s for a long weekend or extend it by a couple more days.
Here at Hoppify, we’ve put together our Top 5 list of vacation destinations to have the best Independence Day celebration.
With tons of free activities on and around the 4th of July, Orlando in Florida is definitely a top destination to celebrate the US of A’s Independence Day. You can watch fireworks at the numerous theme parks in the city for just the price of admission, or go to downtown Orlando to watch fireworks at the Fountain for free! And start your day with a 5K run and give back to the community.
- LEGOLand Florida Resort will celebrate Red, White & Boom with fireworks, music, and activities. You can also have a chance to help build a giant LEGO US flag.
- Disney World will have firework events throughout its park:
- Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
- Fireworks at the Fountain
- Red, White and Brew
- Florida Hospital Watermelon 5K
Start your day in Coney Island, Brooklyn by watching Nathan’s Famous Hotdog Eating Contest and cap the night with Macy’s Fourth of July Firework Show. There are several strategic vantage points to watch the fireworks, and we recommend taking a cruise to watch this spectacular display of fireworks in the Big Apple.
- Nathan’s Famous Hotdog Eating Contest in Coney Island
- Macy’s Fourth of July Firework Show at several locations throughout the city
- River cruises around Manhattan and Jersey City
If you’re feeling especially patriotic, Boston is the perfect city to commemorate the birth of this nation. Begin your day at 9am with the raising of the flag on City Hall Plaza and hear the Declaration of Independence read from the Balcony of the Old State House. You can join Freedom Trail walks and other family-friendly activities at the Boston Harborfest. At 8:30pm, watch the Boston POPS at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade.
- Boston Harborfest
- Flag Raising Ceremony & Parade
- Faneuil Hall
- Old State House
- Fireworks at the Esplanade with the Boston POPS
Join hundreds of locals and visitors at the Star Spangled Celebration and watch live entertainment and participate in many fun family activities such as face painting, balloon jumping, rock climbing, and obstacle courses. The event starts at 3pm and goes on until midnight. At sunset, watch New Mexico’s largest fireworks display with 10,000 fireworks illuminating the sky above Lake Mescalero. From July 4th to 7th, you can participate in The Mescalero Apache Tribal Ceremonial Dances and Rodeo.
- Military Appreciation Weekend at Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and Casino
- Smokey Bear Stampede
- Mescalero Apache Tribal Dances and Rodeo
- Star Spangled Celebration
If you’re looking to watch fireworks on Independence Day, Clearwater, Florida offers several firework events on July 3rd and July 4th.
- Fireworks at Clearwater Threshers Game on July 3rd
- Fireworks at Dunedin Blue Jays Game
- Fourth of July Picnic in Craig Park
- Clearwater Celebrates America